Two charities in Tower Hamlets, Island Sports Trust and Dockland Settlement, aim to bring some of the disused railway arches in Millwall Park into use as a community high street. The charities plan that within the redeveloped arches there will be a park cafe which will also include a training kitchen to increase employability locally, and a number of flexible use units which will provide low-cost business accommodation or community space.
GuideHub Consulting is supporting the two charities to work together. So far, we have:
- facilitated project meetings between the Chair of Island Sports Trust and the CEO of Dockland Settlement
- supported the charities in their work to secure the arches’ lease
- prepared the heads of terms document describing how the relationship between Island Sports Trust and Dockland Settlement will work throughout the project
- identified potential sources of funding
- prepared a survey for the charities to find out what local people want in the area